vLA82S+ Spectrum ULA Replacement with RGB interface
The vLA82S+ is a modern plugin replacement for the Spectrum 48K ULA (type 6C001E-7 or earlier) which combines the original vLA82 capability with the addition of an RGB video interface and AY compatible sound. It is one of several ULA replacements I have made for members of the Sinclair computer family including the vLA81 for the ZX81, the vLA128 for the Spectrum 128K (Toastrack) and +2 (Grey case) and the vLA1 for the Sinclair ZX Interface 1.
vLA82S+ Features include:
- Plugin ULA replacement. In most cases the existing socket will be OK. Note that turned pin sockets can give problems with the narrow pins the vLA82S+ uses.
- External RGB video + stereo audio interface. Requires no soldering or modifications to the Spectrum (the case will need to opened to install). The 3D printed interface enclosure is designed to fit both the 'rubber key' Spectrum and the Spectrum+. The 8-pin DIN video connector is compatible with cables used for the Spectrum +2A.
- Programmable Sound Generator (PSG) compatible with the AY-3-8912. A stereo output is avalable on a 3.5mm connector on the interface while a mono output is available on the 8-pin DIN video connector.
- A low profile and 40 pin DIL footprint means that the vLA82S+ is designed to fit in a ‘rubber key’ ZX Spectrum case without further modifications.
- Provides the same basic functionality as the 6C001-7 Sinclair ULA. as well as supporting the higher quality video and sound enhancements.
- Passes standard ULA benchmark tests (floatspy, Brendan’s Diagnostic ROM etc.).
- Tested with an extensive suite of ZX Spectrum software.
- Compatible with lower ram replacement modules.
- Ideal for installing in an aftermarket Spectrum PCB without needing an original ULA.
- Low power consumption.
Whether you want to just get a faulty Spectrum back up and running, or need a ULA replacement for a new clone, then the vLA82S+ is exactly what you need.
Due to PayPal Policy, refunds will now be minus the payment fees.
If you order using fake details in order for someone to forward on shipping.
This will create severe issues with customs.
No refunds will be given.
Here at ZX Renew we love retro computing as much as you do. That's why we are passionate about bring you the BEST in high-quality replacement parts to keep your retro computing journey going into the future.
D01 - 000000
This site has been setup to facilitate users to be able to purchase aftermarket goods from suppliers at a value for money price point.
Although it looks like it is very professional it is only here to serve the retro community. I do this part time.
The aim of the site is to allow the renewal of retro computers, whilst not making a huge profit. We will try to keep it like that. Enough to keep it going.
If you have a product or service that you would like to make available to the community please do not hesitate to get in touch. The more the merrier.
Any feedback, positive or negative, is truly appreciated.