THE AWESOME -BLACK- HARLEQUIN 128K REV 2D DIY KIT!
The Harlequin rev 2D is a completely compatible ZX Spectrum clone, but without the ULA.
It’s built up completely of parts that can still be obtained easily.
You can build your own complete ZX Spectrum Toast Rack (clone) yourself!
The Harlequin rev 2D has stereo audio output at the right 3.5mm socket.
A FUN CHALLENGE!
The Harlequin kit consists only of through hole parts, making soldering easy (the one SMD part is already presoldered).
What you need to assemble the kit is:
– a soldering iron + solder
– basic skills and creativity
– some patience! The kit will keep you busy for several hours.
The included comprehensive assemly manual includes some important hints and lots of instructions.
This large kit consists of:
The (unassembled) Harlequin rev 2D printed circuit board
Pre Soldered SMD part: AD724 RGB to NTSC/PAL Encoder
All parts (except ROM) to complete the Harlequin rev 2D
The complete and comprehensive 16 page DIY assembly guide to the Harlequin rev 2D!
The discrete parts are packed in bags with sequential numbers corresponding to the manual, and the bags also show the part numbers corresponding to the PCB.
No ROM is included – you will need a ROM / EPROM / EEPROM to get the Harlequin going, with ZX Spectrum BASIC or an alternative like the ZX Spectrum SE ROM.
These are known working ROM types which can be used on this board, by configuring some jumpers:
– Original 48K ROM which will run 128K games just fine (check our webshop stock for these!)
– Original 128K Toast Rack or +2 ROM (check our webshop stock for these!)
– 27(C)256 EPROM
– 27(C)512 EPROM
– 29F040 EEPROM
! 28C256 is incompatible with this Harlequin board !
To use the finished Harlequin board, you will need:
– A ZX Spectrum ROM (some original ones might be available in the webshop, otherwise you can use the licence free SpectrumSE rom)
– A ZX Spectrum case with keyboard (e.g. rubber keys case or Plus case, but any other ZX Spectrum case will be fine too, like the DK’Tronics, Lo Profile or Saga)
– A TV with composite video or RGB input
– An RCA or RGB cable
– An 8V – 14V power supply with 5.5mm outer and 2.1mm inside diameter plug, and with the center pin having the negative voltage*!
* Most power supplies have the positive voltage as center pin.
Due to PayPal Policy, refunds will now be minus the payment fees.
If you order using fake details in order for someone to forward on shipping.
This will create severe issues with customs.
No refunds will be given.
Here at ZX Renew we love retro computing as much as you do. That's why we are passionate about bring you the BEST in high-quality replacement parts to keep your retro computing journey going into the future.
D01 - 000000
This site has been setup to facilitate users to be able to purchase aftermarket goods from suppliers at a value for money price point.
Although it looks like it is very professional it is only here to serve the retro community. I do this part time.
The aim of the site is to allow the renewal of retro computers, whilst not making a huge profit. We will try to keep it like that. Enough to keep it going.
If you have a product or service that you would like to make available to the community please do not hesitate to get in touch. The more the merrier.
Any feedback, positive or negative, is truly appreciated.